This is a really long time coming, so the first thing I want to say is a quick apology to Annie and Barbara. These two awesome ladies BOTH nominated me for a Liebster award waaaay back in March/April and I have, naturally, been super lax in responding.
As if you don’t already know, Liebster is a lovely tradition where newer and smaller sewing/making blogs are nominated to help them get noticed – you answer five questions, and pass your own questions along to another five such blogs. I’m extremely flattered that Barbara and Annie nominated me and if you haven’t before, I of course recommend that you go check them out.
Here are Annie’s questions:
Here are Barbara’s questions:
1. Do you have a favourite sewing or knitting skill?
Hmmm… I don’t know if this counts, but I like being able to imagine in my head what a piece of fabric could become – so if I’m at the fabric shop, I can start to see how things could come together and what I’d use for which pattern.
2. Why do you like it?
It helps me keep my stash down (although I obviously do still buy a wee 2m here and there without any specific plan in mind) and it’s very satisfying to see what’s in my mind turn into a finished garment.
3. How did you learn to sew or knit?
My mum taught me. She’s an excellent seamstress, and her mum was, and her mum was. I’m really lucky that she took the time to pass that on to me.
4. What is your favorite time of year?
5. What do you like about it?
Granted, we don’t always get the best weather in Scotland. But on a day like today, the light stretches all the way to 11pm or so (I’m writing this at 9.15 and it’s still light out) and by 4am the sun’s already peeping up again. These long, slow days make you feel like there’s so much time and possibility in the air. It’s really beautiful.
Thanks for reading, and thanks to Annie and Barbara for your lovely questions. For the next five… I’m pretty shy about these things. I’m taking these counts from Bloglovin’ or WordPress and figure there are people who’ll have followers by email and all that jazz so it might not be super accurate – please don’t be offended if you actually have thousands of people following you elsewhere and think I’m being an eejit. I’ve picked people because of makes I’ve recently spotted or who I started following during Me Made May – also avoided if I could see a recent other Liebster nomination on a blog.
- Andie at Sew Pretty in Pink – can’t beat a blog title which references John Hughes. Also check out this Moneta.
- Constance at Yarning Over the Days – I loved seeing Constance popping up on Instagram during MMM because her outfits were so good every day. Makes me wish I could crochet!
- Erika from Trial and Erika – Another awesome title. She has a Marvel comic-print scout. ‘Nuff said.
- Rachel from A Study in Stitching – Because pink lining is the best
- Bea from Bea’s Sewing Adventures – Because she’s always a friendly face in my comments and she cracks me up with posts like this
Nominated bloggers, you’re under no obligation but should you want to answer my questions:
- Why do you sew/make stuff?
- Do you have a favourite pattern – and what is it?
- Whose wardrobe would you love to raid?
- What do you like to listen to/watch while you’re making stuff?
- What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
Phew. That was long! Liebster love, all x