So, we’re now officially half-way through Me Made May! It’s flown by so far and I’m pleased to say that, as yet, I’ve not repeated any of my outfits. I’m still not sure how long this will last but it feels like a good start.
It’s been interesting so far because I was forced to properly plan outfits while on holiday, which I’d rarely do even for a day in advance. I also made a few things in the run-up, tops and a cover-up, which are a bit different to my normal fare (although I am loving the tops, so I might need to branch out a little more). For instance, I made this crop tee and I am super excited about how it looks with high-waisted shorts and skirts.
I also realised how much stuff I have which is pre-blog or just I haven’t written about so there may be a few things I say a little more about in my final look back at the month.
Finally, I learned it’s much easier to take pics each day when you’re on holiday… I miss those Spanish skies so much 🙂
- Day 13: Leopard print dress from a Kwik-sew pattern, the bodice of which I also used in my wedding dress
- Day 12: Red crepe dress from a vintage pattern; Day 8: Black jersey Famous Frocks Audrey Hepburn dress
- Day 9: Floral viscose Butterick Retro pattern dress (I can’t believe I’ve never remade this because I LOVE it)
- Day 5: On Wednesdays we wear pink Amy Butler two-part dress
- Day 6: By Hand London Elisalex in Liberty jewel print
- Day 7: Beach coverup from part wrap dress, part Famous Frocks Diana Ross dress
- Day 4: Floral top from a New Look pattern
- Day 3: Maxi dress from an I-can’t-remember pattern
- Day 1: Brand new By Hand London Flora dress, this was horrible to sew not because of the pattern, which I LOVE, but because of the super-slippy super-stretchy super-annoying skirt fabric
- Day 15: The colour of this Linton Tweeds skirt always makes me smile. It’s hard to capture just how bright it actually is on camera
- Day 11: I rediscovered a love for this skirt after chopping several inches off it and deciding it was finally fabulous instead of drabulous
- Day 10: Still in love with my digital print dress. It’s the thing I’m most likely to re-wear because I wear roughly once a week – it’s been tough holding out!
- Day 14: I refashioned this skirt from one I got at a fashion swap in Glasgow. I love monochrome so it fits nicely. I cut out the waistband and unpicked the zip, as it was too small, and then added a new white waistband and reinserted the zip and took another inch off the bottom
Today’s outfit makes me a little sad because it used to be a dress but the zip burst and I had to rethink. I might still take a few inches off it as it feels a little dramatic. But the fabric is a gorgeous silk dupion so it seems a shame to cut it down too much. We’ll see.
Hope your Me Made Mays are going well – only a couple more weeks to go 🙂